Drift fans rejoice because Australia’s biggest drift event will be back for 2017, bigger and better than ever! We are proud to announce Honeywell Garrett as the naming sponsor of the International Drift Challenge at the 2017 Yokohama World Time Attach Challenge Sydney.
“To have Honeywell Garrett partnering with us as the title sponsor of the International Drift Challenge for 2017 is a real honour. Honeywell Garrett have supported time attack racing and WTAC since its inception, with many years as a class sponsor.”– Ian Baker, CEO, World Time Attack Challenge Sydney.
We will be bringing some of the best teams from across the globe to take on the nation’s finest in a winner-takes-all showdown over two intense nights in front of a crowd of over 11,000 people. Featuring some of the most insane new builds and top talent from both Australia and overseas this will be one event not to be missed!
The Honeywell Garrett Drift Challenge will be held under lights on the North Circuit on the corners leading onto the main straight after dark on both Friday and Saturday nights. Best of all your WTAC ticket gets you in at NO EXTRA COST!
The circuit will include a run-up area, three judged corners and the downhill part of the main straight before the drivers take the pit exit and use the service road to get back to the start line again. Friday night will be practice and qualifying with no holds barred top 32 competition on the Saturday night!
This section of the circuit provides not only spectacular high speed drift action but is also gives spectators a clear view of the entire drift circuit from just about any spot.
5 Things You Need to Know about the Honeywell Garrett Drift Challenge
1. HGDC will start after the last WTAC session on Friday and after WTAC trophy presentation on Saturday.
2. HGDC will be held on the last three turns leading onto the main straight
3. HGDC pits will be on display on the dummy grid next to the pit area.
4. Friday night – practice and qualifying, Saturday night – Top 32 battles
5. One ticket covers everything. That’s right, your WTAC General Entry Pass gets you everywhere, including HGDC on both nights.