The biggest drift show in the country is back!
That’s right and we will be bringing some of the best teams from across the globe to take on the nation’s finest in a winner-takes-all showdown over two intense nights at the Honeywell Garrett Drift Challenge. Featuring some of the most insane new builds and top talent from both Australia and overseas this will be one event not to be missed!
Drift has always been a big part of World Time Attack Challenge. Over the years we have seen international superstars from all corners of the globe make the journey to bang doors with the best drifters in Australia.
The Honeywell Garrett Drift Challenge will be held under lights on the North Circuit on the corners leading onto the main straight on both Friday and Saturday nights. Best of all your WTAC ticket gets you in at NO EXTRA COST!
In 2016 we had over 10,000 spectators crowded the Drift Hill on Saturday evening making it the biggest drift event this country has ever seen!
The circuit will include a run-up area, three judged corners and the downhill part of the main straight before the drivers take the pit exit and use the service road to get back to the start line again. Friday night will be practice and qualifying with no holds barred top 32 competition on the Saturday night!
This section of the circuit provides not only spectacular high speed drift action but is also gives spectators a clear view of the entire drift circuit from just about any spot. The elevated area directly behind T17/T18 will host all Honeywell Garrett Drift Challenge exhibitors. Spectator parking will be allowed all-round the back of the circuit.
5 Things You Need to Know about Honeywell Garrett Drift Challenge
1. Honeywell Garrett Drift Challenge will start after the last WTAC session on Friday and after WTAC trophy presentation on Saturday.
2. Honeywell Garrett Drift Challenge will be held on the last three turns leading onto the main straight
3. Honeywell Garrett Drift Challenge pits will be on the skid pad in the Show’n’Shine area
4. Friday night – practice and qualifying, Saturday night – Top 32 battles
5. One ticket covers everything. That’s right, your WTAC General Entry Pass gets you everywhere, including Honeywell Garrett Drift Challenge on both nights. Additionally, we’ll also have a reduced price entry after 6pm for those that only want to see drift.